We appreciate your interest in our company. Data privacy is extremely important to InfraLeuna GmbH. It is an integral part of our Code of Conduct, which summarizes key guidelines for responsible conduct at our organization. Please be advised that we process your personal data while you visit our website. We only use this data insofar as it is required to provide a functioning website while staying in full compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection laws and regulations.
Contact details of the controller
Kontaktstelle Datenschutz (Data Protection Office)
Am Haupttor, Bau 4310
06237 Leuna Germany
Contact details of the data protection officer
You can also reach our data protection officer at:
Your inquiry will be forwarded to the data protection officer immediately. You can also send regular mail to our data protection officer at the above address.
What is the purpose and legal basis for processing your data?
Every time you access our site, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system used to access our site.
We store the following data:
- IP address
- Name of the file you access
- Date and time when you access the file
- Amount of data transferred
- Status of the transfer
- Description of the type of web browser and operating system used
- Referring domain
We collect this information solely for data security purposes. You, the user, remain anonymous in this process. The data is deleted automatically after 14 days. The legal basis for this processing of your personal data is the legitimate interest pursuant to GDPR Article 6(1) point (f). We may use this data to perform statistical analyses and improve our website on an ongoing basis.
Web analytics and web tracking
We do not use any analytics tools on our website.
We do not use automated decision-making or profiling.
We provide buttons to our social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube on our website. We have not embedded these buttons directly in our website so that your data is not sent to the third-party provider as soon as you load our website. When you (deliberately) click one of the social media elements, a connection is established with the server of the third-party provider and another data processing operation is initiated. Please note the data protection regulations of such third-party providers in this regard. If you do not click the buttons, no data will be sent to or processed by one of the specified third-party providers. We are therefore not responsible for how these third-party providers handle data.
Data transfer and foreign connections
InfraLeuna GmbH does not transfer data to third parties. All our data processing operations are carried out on data processing systems located within the Federal Republic of Germany. In some cases, we use data processors who provide their services to us. We have entered into processing agreements with them pursuant to GDPR Article 28, which means that personal data may only be processed on our instructions in strict confidence.
These processors are IT companies who provide services and technical support for our website.
Forms for ordering services
Our website can be used to obtain information and order services. In this case, you provide data to us when ordering services with our forms. We use the data solely for order processing pursuant to GDPR Article 6(1) point (b) and for no other purposes. The data is not transferred to third parties and is deleted at the end of the contractual relationship while abiding by legal retention periods. We take steps to prevent unauthorized third parties from becoming privy to the personal data transferred to us. At the same time, however, please note that unencrypted e-mails sent over the internet always run the risk of being accessed by third parties. Data concerning a contractual relationship may be stored until any legal claims become statute-barred. The limitation period may run for 12 months to 30 years depending on the claim. Once the limitation period expires, we will delete your data unless we are bound by statutory retention obligations. The retention period may run for up to 30 years depending on the category.
Access to protected content
If you use personal access codes to access protected content on our website, you will be solely responsible for handling your access codes confidentially. Your data is shared on the basis of your consent. The data will be retained until you withdraw your consent.
Your rights as a data subject
The law gives you, the data subject, the following rights, which you can assert against us:
- Right of access: Under GDPR Article 15, you have the right, at any time, to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not we process personal data concerning you; where this is the case, GDPR Article 15 also gives you the right to obtain access to this personal data and certain other information (including the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients, the planned retention period, the source of the data, the use of automated decision-making and, in case of a transfer to a third country, the appropriate safeguards) as well as a copy of your data.
- Right to rectification: Under GDPR Article 16, you have the right to demand that we rectify your personal data that we have stored if this data is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: Under the grounds set out in GDPR Article 17, you have the right to demand that we immediately erase the personal data concerning you. The right to erasure does not apply if the processing of personal data is necessary (i) to exercise the freedom of expression and information; (ii) to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us (e.g. legal retention obligations); or (iii) for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to restriction of processing: Under the grounds set out in GDPR Article 18, you have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: Under the grounds set out in GDPR Article 20, you have the right to demand that we hand over to you the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right of withdrawal: You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data at any time with effect for the future.
- Right to object: Under the grounds set out in GDPR Article 21, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, which means that we will have to stop processing your personal data. The right to object only applies within the limits set out by GDPR Article 21. Furthermore, our interests may interfere with the termination of processing, which means that we still have the right to process your personal data despite your objection.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority: Under the grounds set out in GDPR Article 77, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR. The right to lodge a complaint exists without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.
Request for information (GDPR Article 15)
To request information, please use our Request for Information form (only available in German).
If you use our Request for Information form, we will use the data you provide in this form solely to process your request and will only share it with the people at our company who are directly involved in processing your request. We will treat your data confidentially and, once we have processed your request and waited for possible objection periods to expire, will anonymize it. We reserve the right to verify your identify if you request information from us. We may ask you to provide additional information to verify the accuracy of the information you provide.